Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Christmas House









While we were in Nags Head for the weekend, we visited this amazing house. My parents had taken Alex last year after they saw it in the newspaper, and we all got to go see it this year. This couple, all by themselves, starts decorating in August to finish by Thanksgiving. The pictures I took just don't do justice to how it really looks in person. Believe it or not, with as much as they have out there, it doesn't even look tacky. It looks like a winter wonderland. They do this every year, and their entire street is just full of parked cars because so many people come to see this place. The picture with the boys in it is in the couple's garage. My camera batteries died, so I didn't take near as many pictures as I would have liked. For those of you locals who have ever visited Coleman's Nursery, that's nothing compared to what this couple puts out. They have an estimated $100,000 worth of decorations and lights on their property. I was in absolute awe.

5 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

we have a house like that hear in Raleigh. we're looking forward to going again this year! ;)

Jen said...

Goodness Gracious - wonder what their power bill runs for these 2 months. I know they probably don't care because of all the smiles they bring to so many people.

Laurel Conrod said...

Hi Guys! Great pictures! The kids are so big and handsome. Thanks for putting these Christmas decoration pics up...we miss all of the festivities from back home. We saw 3 decorated palm trees yesterday and our kids thought it was the coolest thing ever. I can't wait until they get a chance to see some "real" Christmas trees!

Jamie said...

How fun! Ryan would have loved to see that. I am sure the boys had a blast. Looks like so much work. Just think in a month they will have to take it all down!

Heather J said...

I know your boys must have loved loved loved it! There is NO way on earth I could ever do that to my house, but I sure appreciate it when others go 'all out'!