Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Berry Wonderful Mother's Day

What a wonderful day! My boys treated me like a queen! Alex gave me a poem he wrote about mothers as well as a homemade coupon book that he worked on at school. Most of the coupons were pre-made with stuff like back rubs or uninterrupted bubble baths. There were a few blank ones that he could make himself. One he made was for peace and quiet. I'll have to photocopy that one and redeem it every day. The other one was for $1.25. If I redeem that coupon, he'll give me $1.25 from his piggy bank. How cute!! And no, I won't take money out of my son's piggy bank. We spent part of the afternoon strawberry picking. Andy, Alex, and I each had our own container to fill. Caleb didn't want one - he brought his own built-in container. That child ate everything he picked. The entire house smells like strawberries. Heavenly! I'm so looking forward to strawberry pies, sundaes, smoothies, and of course chocolate covered strawberries. Thank you Lord for blessing me with such a wonderful family, who make my life so super special.








No comments: