Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ocracoke Island






Another busy and fun-filled weekend! Friday after Alex got out of school, the boys and I met up with my sister and my parents and headed down to Nags Head to stay at my parents' beach house. Alex was sooo excited to drive down to Hatteras Island on Saturday and take the ferry over to Ocracoke Island. We take the ferry from Portsmouth to Norfolk all the time, but he couldn't wait to see a ferry that could actually take cars on it. The weather was warm and beautiful - you would have never guessed it was the middle of October. The lighthouse was gorgeous, but Alex was a little disappointed that we couldn't climb up to the top. My sleep deprived body was secretly glad. My nephew Eli had so much fun with his big cousins. He gets so excited to see them that whenever they come into the room he just jumps up and down in front of them and looks from one to the other like he can't figure out what to do next. I wish I could get that kind of reception when I went places. :)

2 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

that sounds like a perfect weekend! I bet Alex did enjoy seeing the Ferry that could take cars! very fun!

anthonyandbeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.