Saturday, October 27, 2007

Our New Addition




Andy had a double suprise for us today. First, he came home from work two hours earlier than expected - always a wonderful treat. Second, he did not come home alone. He came with the newest addition to our home - a turtle he found on the golf course. The boys were crazy excited! We went on a camping trip with some friends a few months ago, (yes that's right, I said camping. Those of you who know me are probably dying of shock right now at that revelation. Too bad I wasn't blogging back then.) and one of our friends found a similar turtle that they have kept as a pet ever since. The boys have been begging for a turtle since that trip. Way to go Daddy! Now just pray that I know how to keep it alive for a while. So, one of our first orders of business was to select a name. Caleb right away piped up with Jonathan (not sure why). Alex talked him into Franklin, after the cartoon turtle. Caleb agreed as long as he can just call him Frank. So we would like to officially introduce you to Frank the Turtle Weissinger.

6 comments:

heather said...

Thats the fun thing about having boys, you never know what they'll bring home. We have a orange spotted newt named Peanut Butter that JW found when he was campimg with a friend. Enjoy your new pet!

Jen said...

I think Frank is the perfect name for a turtle. I hope for the boys sake you can manage to keep it alive for awhile. Have fun!

Heather J said...

Nice to meet you Frank! I think I would KILL Mark if he brought a friend home to our house!!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

congrats on your new addition to the family! Frank looks like he will fit right in. i'm sure the boys will have fun with him! i remember finding a turtle when we were kids and keeping it for a while. then we got bored with it and let it go. i think that's because we were girls. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Alex and Caleb will be great turtle owners, although we all know who will really be doing all the work!
Can't wait to see some Halloween pictures up!!!

Jamie said...

Well, I can't wait to meet Frank in person, he looks delightful! I remember my brother having a pet turtle growing up. I have to say that they aren't the most exciting pets to have, but at least you don't have to clean a litter box! :)