Sunday, October 26, 2008

We've got the spirit, yes we do!

Last week was spirit week at school in honor of Friday's homecoming game. Alex had so much fun dressing up. Caleb participated when he felt like it. I even joined in for a few of the days. I had some super cute pictures from Mad Scientist Day on my cell phone, but it isn't cooperating and emailing the pictures to my computer. That'll teach me to forget my camera. Here are some pics from some of the other days.

Decade Day - Alex and his grunge look, me sporting Andy's letterman's jacket and class ring around my neck-what a throwback to the 90s, and Caleb the yuppie.


Gator Day - Go orange and blue! Alex LOVED his hair!




It was also Lick 'Em Day. The cheerleaders sold suckers to all the students. Yum!


Pep Rally - Alex was so excited to attend the pep rally. They really made his day when they chose him to participate in a race. He loves to be in the center of things.



Game night - The boys had so much fun at the football game, even though I don't think they saw a minute of it. Alex was off playing with some classmates on a dirt mound next to the bleachers (Thank goodness for Clorox.), and Caleb was having an absolute blast with his friend Gracie. They played ring around the rosie, cheered with the cheerleaders, and played duck duck goose (which was so funny to watch with just the 2 of them). Needless to say, they slept very good that night.





My dear Jamie, how many football games have we watched from those sidelines? It was fun to watch yet another one with you. Here's to many more!

4 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

oh the memories! i LOVED lick 'em day! so fun that you're able to have your kids at GCA. i bet that feels so weird sometimes! ;)

Jen said...

Sounds like a really fun Spirit Week - I'm sure the teachers were thrilled about lick 'em day! I love the orange and blue hair!

Ward Blog said...

What a spirited family. So cute!!!

Liz said...

Hey Jen. I happened to find your blog link on your facebook page. Glad I did! Your boys are handsome little guys. Alex looks so much like you (I'm sure you've heard that a million times!). I'm sure your hands are full with TWO boybarians!! (Mine are full with one boy... and a tough little girl to boot!)

I enjoyed a little stroll down memory lane with your school spirit pictures. How fun that your boys are going to school there now! If we weren't homeschooling, GCA would certainly be at the top of our list. :-)

By the way, don't you think you should have pulled out your old cheering jacket??? :-)