Monday, August 11, 2008

1st day of school...for mom

Well, I survived my reentry into the workforce. I came home in one piece and even stayed awake the entire day! I took the position of high school receptionist because I thought it would be the perfect way to ease back into work - no work to take home, just answer phones, do a few other things, socialize with other adults (woohoo!) and leave for the day. My nights are left free for my family and whatever else needs to be done. Now I have a decision to make. I was offered the position of middle school math teacher. The pros are more pay and bigger tuition discount. The cons are, of course, work to take home and the fact that middle schoolers are considered by many to be evil (no offense to those of you who have any). So, I'll take some time this week and weigh my options, hopefully making the best decision for my family. By the way, Andy insisted on taking my picture since it was my first day of school. He said we do it with the kids so we were doing it with me. Notice my big cup of coffee. I don't think I could have made it through the day without it. Oh, I don't know if you can tell or not, but my toenails match my shirt perfectly. Is that too cool or what!

No comments: