Saturday, September 6, 2008

Embarrassed by Mom

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. My second grader is officially embarrassed by his mother. Wow. I don't remember being embarrassed by my parents until seventh grade. I mean, isn't that when all kids are supposed to be embarrassed by their parents? I never imagined Alex would get there so early. I guess I'm just extra embarrassing. I'm sure it's payback for what I put my own mother through. :) Anyway, I had to take something to his teacher on Friday and I thought I would just do it during their lunch break so I could say hello to Alex. He LOVED it when I visited him last year. Would you believe that child pretended not to see me? When I went to say hello to him, he practically turned around. I asked him if he was embarrassed and he said...YES! I was told later that he would like it if I didn't come to see him at lunch without getting permission from him first. (Ouch, what a stake through the heart!) Get this - Mimi and Papa (my parents) can come to lunch without permission and so can Andy. Mom, however, needs to make an appointment. This boy is growing up way too fast for me.

5 comments:

Heather J said...

Ouch - that would hurt! These days it seems as everything is happening sooner & sooner! I saw Caleb in the playroom on Friday a.m. and Anderson tells me he plays with his friend K-Love (I think that's Caleb!!) ; )

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen....its soo hard. I feel for ya girl!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

ouch! i think i would just cry! these boys are growing up too fast!

Jennifer said...

Oh, Jen. I am sorry. I know and feel your pain. I am CONSTANTLY second best to daddy. It kills me sometimes.

heather said...

Wow, that must of hurt! Lexie does the same thing to me. I'm not cool anymore. :(