Sunday, September 30, 2007

Busch Gardens




Today was, as Alex would say "the best day ever!" We took the boys to Busch Gardens for the first time and we had SO MUCH FUN!! Alex braved his first roller coaster ride on the Big Bad Wolf. He said he wasn't expecting it to go as fast as it did, but he came off of the ride all smiles. Caleb wanted to ride too, but we told him he was still a few years away. The boys rode everything they were tall enough to go on and ate ice cream cones that were HUGE. What could be better than that? We discovered that Caleb is not fond of 3D movies when we took them to the 3D pirate movie. He screamed every time something lunged out of the screen, but refused to take the glasses off. That's three year old logic for you. He also kept asking when the pirates were going to shoot us. So...our next trip to Busch Gardens will probably not include anything involving pirates or 3D. Anyway, this entry is taking me forever to post because Desperate Housewives is on and I keep returning to the computer during commercials, so I'm going to return to see what's happening over on Wisteria Lane. Bye for now!

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Desperate Housewives? Now I know what your guilty pleasure is. Sounds like a great time at Busch Gardens! 3D pirates do sound a little frightening, I don't know if I would ike it either. Guess we will have to try a trip to the Gardens next year.

Andy and Jen said...

I just had to respond and say that I've never tried to hide my guilty pleasures from anyone. I'm proud of them all. :) Especially any involving ice cream.

Jen said...

Sounds like a great day. Your boys are at a great age to get to ride things together. I'm proud of Alex bravely going on the Big Bad Wolf. My 7 year old nephew wouldn't go on it, but my 4 year old nephew did. Funny how they're each different.

SPAYD FAMILY said...

Hi Jen!
It's great to connect with you again after a couple of years, even though it doesn't feel that long! But, I can't believe how much the boys have grown up, wow!
We've just started blogging too, check us out at spaydfamily.blogspot.com.
Julie Spayd

Anonymous said...

I can't believe my boy on a roller coaster!! Both of our boys are so brave and sweet. We love you
Mimi and Papa

anthonyandbeth said...

that looks like so much fun! i'm sure the boys had a blast! looks like we share the same guilty pleasure! :)

Ward Blog said...

looks like so much fun.....the boys are so cute!!!!

Heather J said...

I can't wait to take our boys to Busch Gardens -looks like a great time was had by all (despite the 3D episode). My guilty pleasure is Grey's Anatomy. I fought the urge to watch for awhile, then decided 'what for?'!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Tell the boys I love and miss them so much!!!!