Saturday, September 15, 2007

Where there's smoke....there's Caleb


Another excitement filled evening for the Weissingers, courtesy of Caleb. I'm in the kitchen cooking for some friends who came over for dinner last night. I thought I would impress them with homemade cheese garlic biscuits like they have at Red Lobster. So, I preheat the oven and busy myself making the biscuits while Andy is cooking on the grill and the boys play outside. Andy comes in a few minutes later and ask me where all the smoke is coming from. What smoke, I said. I look up from my biscuits and discover that, indeed, I am standing in the middle of a smoke filled kitchen (hadn't even noticed), and not only that, but the entire house begins filling with smoke and the alarms go off. How can this be when I haven't even put the biscuits in the oven yet?! We open the oven door to find a pair of crispy fried super smoking oven mitts. Andy and I look at each other and think the same thing at the same time - Caleb. Our little arsonist wannabe walks in just then and confirms that yes, he was cooking in the oven earlier that day. So, as perfect timing would have it, our friends arrive about 2 minutes later to a smoke filled, fly filled (from having all the doors and windows open), alarm screaming house. Doesn't that just make you all wanna come over for dinner? :) Now Caleb is telling people that he tried to burn our house down. Anyway, we decided not to do any cooking today and eat out instead. We figured Caleb needed the day off from cooking.

6 comments:

heather said...

Boys are so much fun. When JW was 4 he decided to make smoke signals with a candle and a napkin. When the napkin caught on fire he dropped it and the kitchen floor lit up. What adventures!!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

WOW! good thing Andy came to the rescue! :) It's half hilarious and half terrifying! I hope you've talked with him about never doing that again! :) It's a memory for sure, you'll be telling that one for years!!! :)

Anonymous said...

haha, Caleb is my hero! That is too funny!!!!! (But I am very happy no injuries occured)
Tell the boys that I miss them all the way out here in California!

Anonymous said...

How your boys have grown! And so handsome. Such a delight to be able to see them from such a long distance
Love,
Lynda & Seve from Old Cape Cod

Anonymous said...

yea, that's Mimi's darlin Weissinger!

Anonymous said...

yea, that's Mimi's darlin Weissinger!